the village of hope seeks to help children infected or affected by hiv, aids and tb in two different ways: we have a 9 bed children's unit to support those infected by hiv and aids and we also run a community-based sports and lifeskills outreach in the informal settlements and squatter camps each afternoon.

this blog has been set up to allow the key members of the team at the village of hope to share their thoughts, photos and experiences as we work in the community of grabouw in south africa

Friday, April 26, 2013

Hope Captured On Camera



By Emily House

Where is Tim I hear you say?! - Don't panic, he is fine and he and Maz are taking a well-earned break for a couple of weeks. Leaving me to take care of the blog!! - Eeeek. I hope I manage to do a good job! When I dropped them at the airport this morning I did remind them not to forget to come back!

For those of you may not know me, I am Emily and I, along with my husband, Rob and children, Rosie and Isaac, moved out from the UK and have been volunteering for Thembalitsha for the past three years. We work closely with Tim, Maz and Mel and live onsite here at Village of Hope. Part of my responsibility here is to manage all the communications on behalf of the Thembalitsha Foundation.

Over the past 6 months I’ve been using my experience in television production to assist with the development of a number of short films which, I hope, help to give a glimpse into the amazing work that the Thembalitsha Foundation does. You will have seen in Tim’s previous blogs the links to some of our films we are calling ‘Stories of Hope’.

It means so much to me to be able to use some of my skills and past experience for something so worthwhile. Thembalitsha definitely has something to shout about and I am really proud of the results. This week we completed the story based around Village of Hope. Of course, it is impossible to encapsulate the work that we do here in a few, short minutes but I hope it captures the heart of this project - which is so close to my heart -  and entices you to get involved!

Please follow this link to view the film: http://bit.ly/ZmrHEb

All the stories are going to be complied onto DVD in the next month and will be available for anyone who would like to share about our work and raise awareness.

Please take the time to watch and share this story because the more people who hear about us the better!.... and look out for some more blogs from me over the next couple of weeks!

Thanks, Emily

Special mention goes to Jorrie and Alret Van Der Walt from Empty Canvas Productions who’s invaluable skills helped to produce these stories so vibrantly. And Maz - who did such a great job of explaining the project and looks so beautiful on screen!

No comments:

Post a Comment